There’s a popular phrase among secondary school leavers in recent times and that’s JAMB CAPs. Let’s talk about the JAMB CAPS portal login and how to access this portal for prospective students.
Although applying for admissions and writing exams can be a hassle, waiting to find out about your admission status can be even worse. So, as soon as the examination body releases the results and schools begin to put out their lists of successful applicants, you would want to rush and check to know your gate.
That’s where this article comes in. It will give you all the information you need to access the JAMB portal and check your admission status. It’ll give you the JAMB portal you need to check your admission status and the process you need to follow to access the portal.
Key Takeaways: JAMB CAPS 2022
To successfully log into the JAMB CAPS portal, you need the email and password you used to register for JAMB. You can visit the JAMB website using either a PC or a smartphone and enter the details required.
Once the details are accurate, you will be logged into the portal where you can proceed to check your admission status and accept or reject admissions accordingly.
How To Login To JAMB CAPS Portal
The JAMB portal is available for applicants to check their admission status and accept admissions in cases where they’ve been admitted or rejected. But to do that, you need to log in to the JAMB CAPS portal.
The JAMB CAPS portal has been integrated into the JAMB website, and through the portal, applicants can easily check whether they have been offered admission at their institution of choice. The institution of choice was the first choice you selected when you filled out your JAMB form.
Since some institutions have already started processing admissions and others will soon offer admission to selected candidates, the JAMB CAPS portal has become the applicant’s favorite website.
JAMB CAPS itself is an acronym that stands for Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board Central Admissions Processing System. The clue is in the name. JAMB CAPS is the system through which JAMB management processes all applicants’ admissions and accordingly gives admissions to deserving applicants.
So, if you want to login into the JAMB CAPS portal, these are the steps you need to follow.
- Visit https://jamb.org.ng/efacility. To visit the website, it’s best to use a personal computer or use the chrome browser on your mobile phone if you’re using an Android or IOS device.
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, the systems will display a login page where you will be required to enter your email address and password.
- Enter your details correctly. The email address and password required are the ones you used to create your JAMB account.
- There are also options to create an account and to forget the password. If you do not have an account yet, meaning you’ve never created an account with JAMB, click on the create account option and take it from there. If you have an account but have forgotten your password, also click on the reset password option to reset your password.
- Once you’ve entered the correct email and password, click on login. The system will log you in if your details are correct. If they’re correct, but it does not work, it may be due to network issues, wait a bit and try again.
- If you log in successfully, you’ll see an image on the screen telling you so. The image says login successful.
The JAMB portal contains a lot of information regarding admissions and so on, and there are several other things you can do on the JAMB CAPS portal. Once you’ve logged in successfully, you will be able to.
- Check your JAMB admission status.
- Accept admissions offer into an institution.
- Decline admission offer.
- Double-check the details, accuracy, and validity of the documents you uploaded on the JAMB portal during registration.
Additionally, when you log into the JAMB CAPS portal, you would most likely want to check your JAMB admission status. So, this is a step-by-step guide on checking your admission status on the JAMB CAPS portal.
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, scroll down, and you’ll see a tab that says “check admissions status”.
- Click on the tab that says check admissions status and wait for the page to open.
- When the page opens, it will take you straight to the JAMB CAPS portal.
- Once on the JAMB CAPS portal, click on the admission status button on the left-hand corner of the page to check your admission status.
- When you check your status, a page will load on the screen, “congratulations, you have successfully checked your JAMB admission status”.
If JAMB has offered you admission, you should see the following.
- JAMB registration number.
- The institution that you’ve been admitted into.
- Your course of study.
- UTME subject combination
- Your admission status.
If you’ve been offered admission, you can accept or reject the admission; it all depends on you.
Examination season is usually tedious, but for most students, waiting for their results is the most difficult part. With everything becoming digital, online examinations and results are now the order of the day.
This article has broken down the process and made navigating the JAMB CAPS portal and checking your admission status very easy. Good luck.