International English Language Testing System is a quiz that substantiates one’s English knowledge. This English test is a globally known and esteemed form of English teaching aimed to train non-native English speakers and people desiring to get better.
Many desiring to sit for the IELTS exam may face unfortunate conditions like health issues requiring them to push their exam date forward. Fortunately, you can reschedule IELTS exams to write them at moments of convenience, but you must do it at a period when your exam interval is a bit far.
The International English language testing system (IELTS) exam is a distinguished English language knowledge test. Most Country colleges and immigration authorities list and acknowledge it as a requirement for admission and visas. Understandably, some circumstances hinder people from continuing with exams at the specified date hence why you can reschedule IELTS exams, provided you do that five weeks before your exam period.
Doing so enables you to retain your payment after subtracting administrative fees. This exam benefits people by helping them improve their English speaking, listening, reading & writing and helps them understand the various English levels and qualifications generally, etc.
Tips to Know Before Rescheduling IELTS Exams
- You will get a refund only when you reschedule IELTS exams five weeks before your exam time.
- You will pay the total fee if you reschedule your IELTS test within a few weeks of your exam unless you have a significant medical issue.
- You will get a refund if you present a medical diploma during the five days of your examination interval.
Benefits of IELTS Exams
- Preparation and taking an IELTS exam help you acquaint yourself with English programs and qualifications necessary for educational and career goals. You can prepare with The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS, which contains vital information you require to perform well in the exam.
- Writing an IELTS exam gives you sensible insight into your abilities, as feedback from friends and relatives may still leave you in doubt. It enables you to evaluate your English language skills realistically.
- IELTS exams improve your English, especially if it’s not your first language. It exposes you to all areas of English, namely reading, writing, speaking, and listening, helping you do better generally.
- Writing IELTS exams assists you in studying better and establishing clear objectives. It is easy to relax and only read at the eleventh hour, but IELTS modifies your goals, encouraging you to review constantly.
- IELTS is a prominent certification globally and having good scores qualifies you for visas and admissions to many international universities and countries.
Faq About IELTS Exams
What is IELTS, and why is it important?
IELTS is an abbreviation for an international English language testing system meaning a test that determines one’s knowledge of English. Many good schools and immigration officials accept this exam as a requirement and grant you proposals when you have impressive scores.
What are the test formats and their duration?
The IELTS test comprises listening, speaking, reading & writing and lasts for three hours. Listening is the first program with 40 minutes intervals, reading & writing have one hour each, and speaking is for 15 minutes.
Should I write the general or academic IELTS test?
An academic test works fine for college applications, while a general examination is okay for citizenship goals. However, both tests are similar, and you can choose whichever you feel is best for you. But many test-takers agree that reading and writing are less overwhelming in general IELTS.
What is a good IELTS score?
It is vital to confirm your desired college requirements before applying because stipulated IELTS scores vary. However, a six is fair for undergraduate programs and a 6.5 for postgraduate degrees, while specialist programs require a seven.
When should I start training for the IELTS exam?
Although your capacity to prepare depends on your circumstance, preparing a few months before your exam is reasonable. It encourages you to cover more areas, and the IELTS practice test is particularly beneficial.
Many people desiring to take the IELTS exams as a requirement to study or live abroad can extend it to a more convenient day. Rescheduling IELTS exams provides more time for people facing problems and allows them to prepare better, but you must do so five weeks before your exam day. Besides that, IELTS exams are incredibly beneficial, and getting good scores ranging from six to nine is impressive.